Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Identity Crisis

I have been Bobbird3131 for about 10 years. It's been the start of my E-mail address (with various endings) and I've always been very fond it. When I decided to write a blog and was trying to come up with a catchy name for myself, I decided I shouldn't use Bobbird3131. My reasoning was only I really know what it means and it looks like a guy, which I am not.

I tried several other names in my head and on electronic paper. My blog was "A Day in the Life..." for a bit until I Googled it and found 2 billion hits. I don't always mind being part of the pack but that's just a little too anonymous for me. If I'm going to write on the Internet, I'd like it to be a little easier to find me than that.

Then I Googled Bobbird3131 and found 44 hits. Guess what? They were all about me! I like that. Once in while I like it to be all about me. So, no more looking. As Popeye often says "
I Am what I Am and that’s all what I Am" - Bobbird3131.

2 comments:

Poppy said...

I am glad you finally chose so I could see your writing. :)

I know what BobBird means, but I never did quite know what the 3131 meant.

Poppy said...

Thanks for the text message. I once knew the 3131, but clearly my brain moved on. :)